Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 27, 2015

July 27, 2015

Back to the Books

Hey howdy hey! :)

Well I about died hearing about Elfy! poor dog! Hopefully she is better! I hope everyone is doing good too! Sounds like you guys had a great week at Little E and at the neighborhood party too! Fun fun!

This week was kind of a hard one. We have been working our heads off trying to find new investigators in this area of ours.... we always joke that this area is the closest area here in the mission that is the closest to an area in the States. It is so HARD to find people here.... this week we contacted 302 people, and not a single person was willing to have us visit them. We had the APs come and turn the area over, and the could not find anyone either. It is kind of frustrating, but I always remember a quote from Pres. Packer that has always helped me in these moments. A missionary had come into his office and had had a little over a year in the mission, and had not baptized and had not had very much success in his mission, and the missionary came to Pres. Packer to ask what he was doing wrong, and Pres. Packer told him, "It is not that you're doing something wrong, but you just have not been doing the right thing long enough." I just am trying to keep being obedient and working as hard as I can. This next month is looking kind of sad in the area because all of our possibilities fell this past week. *sigh* But we are working and you know me, I'm always happy :) Just keep the good attitude up and something good is bound to happen haha :) 

I also have been putting my head in PMG and in the Scriptures trying to grow my knowledge of the Gospel. I have focused a lot on Chapter 4, which talks about the Spirit. I have been really trying to make my prayers more sincere and meaningful, and I have found a new light that has come into my life by praying with faith, rather than just talking with God. It has been a really great experience, and I hope to keep studying that chapter to be more attentive to the Spirit. Praying by name for investigators has helped a lot too! We had a huge miracle yesterday though! :)

As we went to church with literally NOBODY... A super awesome guy we are teaching showed up on his own, as well as a few non-members, so that was awesome! The non-members are unteachable mostly because they were brought by members outside of our ward, so other missionaries will start to teach them. But this guys name is Juan! We are teaching his wife and him, but his wife is always out-of-town on Sunday, but He is one of the first people I have met that does what he says here! Most people say they will go, but end up never going hahaha :) He has a baptism date for the 15 of August!

A return missionary this week also told us about his mission in the Dominican Republic, and told us a way to find new investigators here in Jinotepe. He told us that we should start teaching straight Catholics because they convert into really great members! The only problem with that religion is that they are very stuck in their traditions that they have, but we plan on using the BOM to help build a testimony of the Restored Gospel. I will give you an update next week on how our new plan went haha. We are so desperate so we are willing to do whatever it takes! :)

Anyway we are doing great like always, we are just passing through more trails, which is something normal that I have learned to get used to here on the mission! Just be obedient and everything works out great! 

I love you guys!  I hope everything is going good! Have a great week! Talk to you in a very short week again!

Elder Naisbitt

P.S. there is no space on dropbox for new photos! Ill get you the new ones next week! :) 


ASH IS GETTING SO TALL!!!! :)