Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015


Dear Mom and Dad!

Well it sounds like you guys had a great week, minus for the crappy soccer game! I think Mom planned to buy that Gord as well... ;) hahaha KIDDING MOM! :) I love you and your love for Gords! :) Hey I will be sending photos this week for email because drop box is STRRUGGGLINGGGG for space right now, so when you guys get a chance to get those photos changed out that would be tots awesome! :) It was super awesome to see those two ex missionaries the other day! They were my zone leaders when I was in Miraflores, and helped me out a lot there! I look back now, and realize that that area was my first Gethsemane of the mission, and those two missionaries helped me out a lot, especially with my companions that I had. But it was super awesome to see them, and  they sent you that photo! I gave them that email because I figured you would have liked to see it! :) I want to see the Avengers as well! They have some billboards with the new batman movie as well! That will be coming out when I'm home, thank Goodness! :) But the Avengers will be a must watch when I get home! :) Sounds like The Auction was super great, and hopefully Lauren made a lot of money! Texas Road house sounds so good right now haha! Our lunch appointment is struggling as well right now.....#Only Rice And Beans hahaha but we are surviving! She will usually give us a tiny bit of meat, but it is a guaranteed pound of rice, and the other half of the plate are the beans haha :) YUMMMMM Oh by the way, one of the packages made it today, which is perfect timing because the rainy season has just started. The Nicas say around the 20th of May is when the unstopping rain begins, but the Nicas are like how I was before the mission.... a little over exaggerative :) haha but last week it rained cats and dogs in Managua, gratefully we were not there for that. One the news channel it showed people walking up to their chests in water!! 

 

I'm going to plan on talking with you guys around 7pm! I hope that works for you guys! I'm so excited to talk with you and see you again! I feel like we just talked like a few weeks ago though for Christmas! crazy! :)

 

 
 Funny story time though!

 
So last week on Thursday night, Elder Sacalxot and I had to deal with some zone problems, so we were up till about midnight, and so we hit the sheets super hard that night. But as I fell asleep for about an hour, I realized it got really hot in the house, and I try turning on my fan, but it wont turn on, and at the same time I hear the other Elders doing the same thing. We all realized that the Power had gone out.... at home that is not too bad, but here it gets so hot at night time, and the other thing a fan is good for is to keep the mosquitoes off of you. So we all are exhausted, and we go out on to our balcony, and sit there for like 2 hours in the middle of the night, waiting for the power to come back, but it never did... so we went inside and fell asleep, and got EATEN alive by mosquitoes! and because of that we did not sleep at all. We woke up the next day and were so dead... the lights did not come on till 11 am that next morning! crazy stuff! 

 
Elder Sacalxot and I had to go down to Rivas this weekend and help make sure people would get baptized! That was exciting, as well as our zone meeting was awesome! I attached two videos you guys can watch tonight! The first one is about atonement. We used that to help the missionaries understand that as they do not work as hard as  they should, they are rejecting little by little the atonement of Jesus Christ. The video so awesome, and brings the Spirit so strong. The second video we watched at the end of the zone conference, to help pump the missionaries up. This is by far one of my favorite pump up videos! If Laubs needs help getting pumped up for a game, this is the video to watch with her! Its is from the movie, Facing Giants! Super awesome! :) 

 
We have seen a difference in the missionaries after the zone meeting, and that showed on Sunday, when as a zone we broke the record for investigators in church in the history of the zone! We brought 94 people as a zone! that was so great! we worked so hard for it, and the Lord blesses for those that work! :) we brought 11 people to church! We are still trying to find more investigators, but we are finding people little by little! There has to be a secret to do it! Every area has a secret, and I have found it in all my other areas, but this one. I know I will find it though through the help of the Holy Ghost! :) 

 

I love you guys! Thanks for everything you do for me!

 

(Atonement)


(Pump Up)


 
Elder Sacalxot (Comp)

Elder Jungers & Elder Naisbitt (Elder Jungers is Garrett's Son) weird mission term.


The market

On the way to the Market

Post market, they found Nesquik, happy missionaries