Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 7 - Febrary 10, 2014

Nicaragua missionaries leaving Mexico CCM, and flying to Nicaragua!

Missionaries heading to Nica, Managua South Mission
Feb. 2, 2014


Last day at the CCM!  Looks like Garrett missed out on the candy!
Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014
Mom, 
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay I'm laughing so hard right now, your oven story is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Love it!

Okay so below are answers to your questions.

Companions: Elder Macias y Elder Garcia both they are the Zone Leaders of Masaya
Town/location - I am serving in Masaya, a pretty big city an hour outside of Managua! best city ever!
Housing set up - we are pretty well set up (haha) our house is huge, and has running water. I use my filter all day, but i am getting used to non filtered water right now! No sickness at all!! 
Internet Cafe- uhhh its a little cafe in town :)
Ward or branch- Ward,  Masaya
Language - Spanish, but its different, they don't say the "s" in a lot of words. 
Weather - no rain yet, its still the dry season until May
Daily routine WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we start working early and don't stop till 9 or 9:30
P-day hang out with the district, and email the best parents in the world
Favorite food so far? Surprising, Gallo Pinto! our ward lady who makes lunches for us cooks it soooooo gooooooodddd!
Mamacita for meals or laundry? Si, We have a lady who does laundry and another lady who does lunches for us!!
1st area, Masaya, 

I miss you a lot mom, and I can't even begin to describe how well off Americans are..... We taught this group of kids on Saturday and literally their house was tin roof, wood sides, and dirt floor. but the worst was the yard.  Their yard was like a river of water (wouldn't call it water) in their backyard, and there were ducks and the skinniest dog ever.  Despite the conditions,  these kids, are the happiest kids I have ever seen. Its truly  amazing. Elphy doesn't even know how good she has it! (haha.)  So Just some stories throughout the week :) Masaya is the greatest city ever!   Its soooo peaceful and like 0 crime.Everything is so chill!  I met my companions on Wednesday after during the changes. They call me their son, and they are my parents haha :) funny haha :) everybody does this funny finger flicking thing here, and I'm getting the hang of it, but it basically means, heck yaaaa!,  like we use it when someone commits to baptism, or we got a response to our questions! 

There is a term we use here when we chew someone out for being lazy or just dumb, but we say we gotta "Machete" them, or when the president "Machetes" missionaries with a rust blade for getting bad numbers (haha.) so that will be a term that I think I'll use for the rest of ever!! The other one is Frick, even the locals so blah blah blah freaking blah blah blah haha. its funny :) oooooooo the other one is a Spanglish term we use a lot, and its Crapiar :) basically crap  :) yo voy a Crapiar :) Its hilarious! 

We work so hard mom, its unbelievable! Like we get home at night, and have just enough energy to plan for tomorrow and then we crash! Its so awesome to be feeling the spirit all day, I can't describe the feeling of peace that is constantly with me. I am stressed cuz we have a lot to do everyday, and you can see in one of the pictures, so we are running around like crazy people!  We try to contact 30 people a day, but that is pretty hard. We teach a lot, and when we aren't teaching, we are trying to contact. its nice however cuz the days fly by. :) oh and your errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr my precious watch is not stolen, its in my bags, safe and sound. hopefully we get that package! :) Its super cheap to send stuff down here, like 120 C$ which is like 5 bucks haha :) so I will be looking for sweet stuff for you and the family when we have time :) 

Anyway, I love you mom, and I really can't even describe how grateful I am for you! You are the greatest mom in the entire world and I am truly a better person because of how incredible you are! :)
 Love ya mom!


Elder Macias Elder Naisbitt & Elder Garcia
Masaya, Nicaragua

MY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you dad! Mom has the full update,but i don't have a ton of time, but i want you to know this.

One I'm grateful to be your son. I have two true heroes',  you and mom! I love and miss you guys!

I'm in Masaya, Nicaragua and loving it! I could live here forever, its peaceful and clean, and full of people so willing to receive the gospel, its awesome!! We work so hard everyday and we can see miracles in our lives from working this hard! The thing that drives me crazy is the lack of faith that the people have. I love them and I know that they are Gods children, but many of the people just have 0 faith. They wait for an angel to tell them what to do, and can barely hear the still small voice. They all know the church is true, and even more are reading the Book of Mormon everyday, but going to church is the hardest thing to get people to do. Its maddening! I don't want to get frustrated, but it just drives me loco!!!!! :) Patience I guess. its just super frustrating. Faith is dead without works....

Three are the list of missionary terms we use hahahaha :) hopefully you get a kick out of this!


My favorite, Crapiar: spanglish for crap. 
Next is Chupar: to suck ex: Chupaso: This sucks!

Machete: To get upset and to chew them out for chupando (sucking)
               I'm with ZLs so they are constantly macheteing lazy missionaries, and the AP's are macheteing us hahaha :) 
uhhh i think thats it, but if more come I will let ya know!
Food's good!

:) Tell lauren and Ash I said Hello!!!!!!!!! and tell them sorry for not getting to their emails, we are only on line for an hour, and its like 0 time after I email you and Mom! Tell Ash I'm proud of him playing hard on his Jr. Jazz team! Also, Tell Laubs she rocks, and that I love her! I miss hearing EEEEEEEEE Garrett!!!!!

Love you guys!!!!!

ElderNaisbitt