Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October 1, 2014

October 1, 2014


Looks like an Elder's birthday






Mom and Dad!
I loved reading your letters! I really loved the photo of Laubs doing the "Vader" haha it looks super awesome!! All of the pictures of you guys at the game/conference looked really fun! That's too bad that the Utes didn't win!! Super frustrating! But that seems to be a typical Utah game right? Either we smash until the 4th quarter and then we lose or almost lose, OR we are down super far, and end up pulling it off in the last 5 minutes hahaha :) #UtahFanLife haha Moms night out sounded like lots of fun! I will have to remember that Chinese place for dates ;) haha Poor dad working like a horse though! (Canyon voice) haha.  I Hope Mom´s scans go well and that that scar tissue has gone down and that you don't have to deal with those stupid steroids anymore!!! I will for sure write Christian too! and if I get a chance I will look for Mom in the General Women's Conference haha.
So to answer your questions, this week is not change week, change week is on the week of my birthday, in a week and a half basically! hahaha I have not yet killed my companion, but he did have his final interview with president yesterday! He said he liked it a lot! But he is not ready to go home! I guess the thing with being here in the mission is that by the time you finally get used to being out here, it hits around your 20 month mark, and by that time, time is going by so fast, that the mission just ends in a split of a second!

For me, i already feel like this whole mission  is moving way too fast! I know time will only be getting fast, and we will only be closer and closer to the end! Crazy!
This week I have been thinking a lot about the Atonement of Christ. I have put in a lot of study time just trying to understand more about it! It has been a great experience! One thing that I have been doing and have been trying to put into practice in my life right now is a saying that we have here in the mission, which is, "Live in a way in which you let the mission pass through you, and not you pass through the mission." I really have been trying to humble myself to everything around me and just to let myself go, be a better person, and be changed by the experiences here, rather than just be a rock and not learn anything from these two years that the Lord has given me! I know I am a different person, I can feel it, I can't tell you how I have changed, but I know I have, for the better, obviously,  haha!
Crazy, I mean super crazy story this week!!!!!! So Elder Kersey and I are walking through our area on Sunday night, and like I have always told you, our area is the most dangerous area in all of the mission, seriously. But we were just walking through, trying to get to one of our appointments in that area, and we end up walking behind these three guys, and as we approach, they all stop and look at us, So,  we begin to pass quickly on the left side of this group, As I pass one of these guys, he grabs my arm, and stops me. He is looking at me, and he just had this empty personality about him, like he was just zoned out. So I am stopped, being held by this, I'm sure drugged out, guy and his buddies are all around me. I just froze, and just could not do anything, I then remembered I had my wallet, which has license, Nicaraguan ID, Credit cards, Personal cards, money...etc. and I was not going to let these three jack-wagons take it, so I shoved this guy in the chest super hard, but he still held onto my arm. So now this guy is mad, and pulls out a knife and is holding it in the air like he is going to stab me, and that is when Elder Kersey screams, run run! So I push this dude one more time and started to book it, but before I could get away, he shoves this knife into my arm!! My brain didn't process it, but we just ran, and my arm hurt really bad, so as we got away from these dudes, we checked my arm, and there was no hole, in my shirt or through my garment, and my arm just has a slight small cut, which wasn't even bleeding..... We both just kind of stopped and looked at each other, and just thought, what a miracle, seriously. I saw that knife hit my shoulder, but i just have a tiny cut, and a bruise. Miracle! Seriously! ANYWAY morale of the story is, I'm fine, I'm not in shock, I got over it fast. I made copies of all my licenses, and I don't walk around with my debit card anymore haha. I'm
just super thankful that God is watching over us and keeping us safe :) Picture of my arm are online :)
Attack on E. Naisbitt 
Other than that experience we have been working hard! Our baptism fell through! He went and moved temporarily in the North Mission till the 20 of October! Jack-wagons! hahaha :) but he will get baptized when he gets back! We have 4 awesome people lined up for baptism on the 11! It will be a great week!

I love you guys so much! I'm excited for Conference and being able to hear the prophet! :)

Love love from Nicaragua!

Elder Naisbitt