Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 17, 2014

December 17, 2014


Mi Querida Familia! :) 

I love the pictures of Ash playing Basketball!! That is super awesome! I hope he goes somewhere with that! If it means I have to practice with him during the nights, I will do it!!! :) That is super awesome! At two (one for you guys) will be great! :) Elder Hayes and I were talking about how this Christmas will be, and what we will be doing. The 25th we will be working like normal, and on the  24th and 26th we will be doing the multizones haha, which means no work haha But I think this will be one of the most memorable Christmases that I will ever have. The first away from family, and we will be outside knocking on doors and teaching people about the birth of Christ. I'm pretty pumped to see what it will be like :) But I know I will remember this Christmas forever. Because if everything works out like it should, I will be home on the 10th of December the next year, so this is one of the only Christmases that I will have away from home. 

That is super awful that that friend of Lauren's killed himself.... When we lose hope in Christ, is when we give ourselves to the other side. There is no grey in the life, we are on the team of Christ or we are on the team of the enemy of all righteousness. Many Nicaraguans, and much of the world thinks we can just sit on the fence, and be fine. I love the Scripture in the old testament in Joshua 24:15, 

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." 

And the other Scripture, Mathew 6:24

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

We have to decide today whom we will serve and be faithful to that decision. 

Anyway, missionary rant of the week complete. I'm glad you guys had a great week though! sounds like you guys got a lot done, and that Christmas seems to moving forward at full speed! :) I'm super pumped about being able to talk with you guys! I'm stoked! haha :) If You can invite Jessica, that would be great!

Well our possibility got moved back to this week because he was not ready, and still was having problems getting baptized because he did not want to get baptized out of hypocrisy. He did not understand the concept of one true church in all of the world, so we re taught the Restoration and he understood it this time, and was willing to progress for this Saturday. So this Saturday for sure we will be baptizing :) Alison has disappeared again. I think Elder Hayes and I are going to drop her and put her in the old Investigators part of our Area Book because she really has been more of a pain than a pleasure to teach. We will see if we can find her this week, and if not we will  not be going back. Kind of sad, but that is the truth of the missionary work here in Nicaragua haha. 

We have this really cool guy name Mario who is super stoked to get baptized in January, the only problem is, is that he is going on a vacation outside of our area for a month, and will not be back till the 15th of January. So we put his baptism date for the 24th, and we are going to give him the Book of Mormon tonight in English (he speaks a lot of English) and in Spanish so he can grow his testimony in that while he is going on his trip. 

We have some other investigators kids that are progressing for the 3rd of January, and will get baptized! The only problem is getting the moms signature. That is such a huge problem here in Nicaragua!!!! The parents never want their kids to be baptized! It is a pain, but the mom here is pretty calm, so we should be fine on that! :


anyway that is about all that is going on here right now! We are prepping big time for these multi-zones, which has sucked a lot of time and energy! But those will be coming up really fast, and will be an absolute blast! :)


I love you guys a lot! :) I hope you guys have a great week and I cant wait to talk to you next Thursday!!!! :) 

Love you a ton!


Elder Naisbitt