Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 1, 2015

January 1, 2015 Garrett didn't write the week of Christmas, but we had an awesome phone call/Skype.  

Dear Mom and Dad!

It was so great to be able to talk with you last week! It was super great to see the family and to actually hear your voices! I miss that A LOT! But it sounds like you guys are loving the Christmas gifts! The ping pong table is pretty awesome! I am sure everyone is loving it! Naisbitt house is the party house again! :) That is too bad to hear that Ash was sick, that's awful! Hopefully he is feeling better today! :) I hope you guys had a great New Years Eve and are having a great New Years Day! I hope everyone has made high goals that will make 2015 the greatest year! :) 

Well not much has happened since I called! I threw some photos on Drop box of the Multi-zones and the fun we had! There is a sweet photo with Elder Hayes and I with Boas and Sweet hats! :) It was super fun, even though we could not participate very much, everyone else had a BLAST!! Thank you so much for the really sweet letter Dad and Mom that you wrote! I have it kept nice and safe in my luggage so it does not get destroyed! I loved how you wrote it dad, I knew I had changed, but its hard to see the change from a personal view. Thank you so much! I hope you guys received your Christmas package! The mission this year baptized the most it ever has in the whole time of it being a mission! We baptized this year 1724 people! More than 500 people than last year! I'm super pumped to see what President makes the goal for the next year! I bet it will be in the 2000's! THIS IS THE LORDS WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow I get super emotional when I share my testimony because I now know with all my heart that this is the Lords work! and I know that we are called of God by his living prophet Thomas Monson! This is the true church of God! Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the God's church again upon the face of the planet. I know that He does all of this so that we are happy and have the life eternal. I have been studying lately in the end of 2nd Nephi after the Isaiah chapters. This scripture, I love and explains what I was saying about how and why God loves the world so much. 2nd Nephi 26:23-24 
  





2For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness.
24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.

I love this scripture a lot because really God wants all of us to partake of his love and his light that is given from Christ! i know that this is the true church of God and that all of these things in the church are true and if anyone will experiment on the words of Moroni, which are read, meditate, and pray to see if the Book of Mormon is true and if the Church is true, they will receive a testimony from the holy Ghost that these things are true! I love The Lord!
Well the only cool thing that happened yesterday was the New Year celebrations! The Nicaraguans every year make these little dolls called the old man, which signifies the old year, and all of the old habits, and so they get a bunch of old clothes and stuff the clothes with a bunch of fireworks and firecrackers, and at midnight they light the doll on fire and it basically blows up haha :) it is super awesome! I put a few photos of one of these dude they had hanging from a telephone wire, and how he looks :) the tie on the front is a strip of firecrackers, and they wrote on it 2014. It was super creative! :) Anyway so we got back to the house around 10pm from a members house, and by the time we were all ready to for bed it was like 1130, and that was when we the noise began! It was so crazy! it sounded like we were in a warzone! there was just a continuous sound of explosions and bombs! wow it was amazing! It would be super awesome to have the chance to come back here this time of year with you guys! :) so by the time the fireworks ended, it was like1 am, and that was about when we finally fell asleep! crazy night!
Well that is about our week! next week is change week, so I probably wont be writing for two weeks, but if I get a few minutes i will shoot you an email to let you im doing great!
Hey this can be outside of the letter, but i have ordered two books from Amazon, two missionary reference scripture guides to come to the house! Hopefully they get there soon! When they do, could you just toss them in a package down to me? That would be super duper awesome! You guys are the greatest! And if when you are sending that package, could you throw in some candy, like DOTS and Oreos :) Elder Benson just received a package with these two monster huge boxes on Dots and now I'm craving some :) that would be the greatest of the greatest! I love you so very very very much!!! :) 

Elder Naisbitt