Thursday, February 12, 2015

February 12, 2015 --- last letter from serving in the office

February 12, 2015 --- last letter from serving in the office

Dear Mom and Dad,
 Sorry the internet went down yesterday as i was about to write you!
But hey I'm actually writing you guys for real this week! Whoo hoo! :) Well its official, this is my last Pday in the office... :( Im going to miss this place a lot... It has been so much fun and so much hard work, but I have so many memories here. I am trying to figure out where i am going... Dang I feel like I just got here in the office, and im even more upset because I just got here in San Judas!!! DARRRRNNNNN! But I know where i am sent is where in the Lord wants me to be! Who knows what will happen though in the next week, but so I will be writing not this Monday, but the following week on Monday! Now I should have zero excuses to not write you guys every week! But this past week we had Elder Duncan here, which is why we were not able to write, but that was an incredible experience having him here! We learned a whole lot about how to accelerate the work here in Nicaragua, and not only baptize 2000 every year, but more into the 3000s. Nicaragua has such a high potential, we just needed to know to get to that potential. It was really awesome! I think the whole mission is really excited about this new plan that Elder Duncan gave us. He was very pleased about our job as secretaries, and sent president a very personal letter about us, specifically he said that we would go very far in life! Super awesome and kind of him to say that! Any way we had a great week, even though we did not sleep that much, nor participate much!
Well this week we have one baptism of a kid named Jose Luis! He was chosen to be baptized! We found him the we past week, and he chose to be baptized this Saturday! He had been to church before, however the missionaries never mentioned baptism (silly missionaries) so when we brought it up, he got really excited, and convinced his mom of this decision! He has been going to seminary for the past 2 two weeks and loves that as well! He will be a great convert!
 I have been really studying this week on getting back to the basics, since now I have new scriptures now :) I am doing fine, im not mentally scared or anything haha! It could have been a lot worse. Sister Russell was really freaked out as well, and grateful that we are not hurt. 
 There have been other people here in the mission that have received cameras, so I know it is possible, it just depends on if we want to make the risk. I am good either way. Ill go to the mall and Pricesmart and see what they have in cameras. Hopefully it is not too spendy!
 Ill let you guys know where I ended up in the coming weeks!
 Im super excited and super antsy!!! AHHHHH
 I love you guys, thanks for all of the support you guys are for me!

 Elder Naisbitt