Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2-23-2015

2-23-2015


Dear Mom and Dad!
Well I had changes! haha But you would not believe to where I had changes! BLUEFIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  this place is so awesome! It is on the eastern side of Nicaragua, on the Caribbean coast! It is just like being in Jamaica! 90% of the people speak English/Jamaican English! or just Spanish! Because a lot of these people came from the Caribbean, there are a ton of black people, that speak English! It is a whole different culture over here! Fish is super super cheap, and we will eat everything with some sort of fish! I have yet to eat sea turtle, but one of our investigators husband is a fisherman, and will be coming back this Saturday from his 2 month fishing trip, and will bring us Lobster, Sea Turtle, Crab, Shrimp, and a variety of fish :) This has been my dream area since the begging of my mission, and now I'm here! Whooo Hooo! It is really safe by the way, so you guys do not have to worry as much now! :) We are writing from a little cyber cafe right now, about 10 minutes from our house!
Speaking of we, My new companion is Elder Hanson. He is from Sandy, Utah, one of those gross Brighton high school graduates.... j/k :) He has like 6 months in the mission and is going strong! He is super great! I laugh sometimes because of the lack of Latino Companions I have had on my mission, and the Lord has blessed me with this good of Spanish! but Elder Hanson is a work horse, and we both are ready to tear up Bluefield's! We have a goal of 12 baptisms this coming March, and hopefully we can get even more than that! :)
Well ill just fill you in on first how a person has to get to Bluefield's. From Managua, to a little city called Rama, it is 8 house in a bus. Then at Rama, there are no roads that go to Bluefield's because it is all swamp, so the only way to get here is by boat, but this is not just any boat. It is called a Panga. I put a photo at the end of the email of what that is! Any way so that is another two- three hours taking this boat from Rama to the Bluefield's haha :) it is quite an adventure! :) So it is overall, like a 10 hour trip to get here! Here in Bluefields there are four missionaries. Elder Hanson and I, and you would not believe who the other two are hahaha Elder Soifua, my MTC Comp and his companion, Elder Rodriguez, from Belize. Elder Rodriguez speaks Fluent English because in Belize it is the National Language haha. We four live in the same house, and work our behinds off everyday!
This last Saturday, we had two baptisms! A girl named Maria Auxiliadora, and her little brother, Olman! We had to do everything possible to get them baptized because the neighbors of them, told them a bunch of lies about getting baptized, so they ran away. All day we were looking for them, until the Sister of Maria called us (she is less active) and told us where she was hiding. We found her and sat down and pulled out all of the donuts for an hour and a half! It was super crazy! but right around 8:30pm we got her out of her house and got her and her brother baptized at like 9:00pm in the church! They got confirmed on Sunday, and are much happier now! The Lord really does bless us, we just have to go through the trail of our faith before we see miracles! (Ether 12:6). This Saturday we will have 2 more baptisms! and like I said we will be baptizing 12 people in this coming month!
I love you guys! I'm so happy that Mom got approved her medicine! I will be giving thanks to the Lord all day! I am talking the Mitch right now about his new move into Grandpa and The Michaud's ward! That is so awesome! When I saw those photos I was so happy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN 4 DAYS MOM!!!!!! you are the greatest Mom anyone could ever ask for! Seriously! I love you so much mom! You have always supported me and been behind my back, even in the hardest times! I know the Lord will keep blessing you and helping you in your trails! I could not have been born into a better family! I know that We will be able to be together as a family for the Eternities! I'm so happy for this gospel and the strength it gives me and the courage to stand strong in times of trails! I am so grateful for you mom and all that you are to me! Have a great Birthday! I promise I will be there for the next one! :)
I love you Guys! I hope you have a great week!
Elder