Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015


Mom and Dad!
Well another week went by in a flash! This week we had to go back to Managua though to pull out our Nicaraguan Residency! I had lost mine when I got robbed, and Elder Hanson needed his as well as Elder Soifuas companion Elder Rodriguez! So on Thursday morning, we climbed back on the "Pangas" and went back to Rama, then in Rama we caught the 7 hour "Express" Bus to Managua haha! It went like 30 miles per hour the whole drive haha GRRRRRR :) Bu then in Managua we got to stay in the office house, where all the secretaries sleep. That was super awesome being able to hang out with Elder Mataalii again! I love that kid! Then on Friday we went to Immigration and got our cedulas, and then got back on a bus to go to Juigalpa, where we stayed the night on Friday before going back to Bluefields. On Saturday we got up at 3am to get on the bus back to Rama, to catch the panga to Bluefields haha :) It is such a huge process! But to answer some of your questions, first, Bluefields is MASSIVE! And there are only 4 missionaries here, so it is a ton of walking! When I got back to Managua, I weighed myself, and in a week I had lost 5 lbs!!! haha Elder Hanson walks super fast too, but I'm catching up slowly but surely! So to get stuff from Managua to Bluefields, the office Secretaries just put the mail for us in a mail bag, and send it through the national mail service. and we usually get it in about 4 days, so not too long. When Tracie comes to the office, she can just put the stuff in a box or a bag, and give it to the secretaries there in the office. We usually never leave Bluefield's unless it is necessary because of how much time it takes to get to Managua and back! We are kind of isolated out here haha :)
The branch here in Bluefield's is very very strong! We think President Russell is going to divide the branch into two separate ones because every week Attendance is 190-200! That is better than most wards in the mission. So things here in Bluefield's are going great! The Branch President is Great!
So on Saturday, after 2 hours of getting back from Managua, we had a baptism of a lady named Maria Ester! She was super great to teach! She wanted to get baptized last week, but she drank coffee, so she had to wait! But she loves the church! We are going to be baptizing a lady this week named Ofemia! She is awesome! She has her three times in church, and is ready to be baptized as well! She lives out in the water though! like literally in the water! Her house is built on stilts, and the only way to get to her house is by crossing over so laid out 2X4s about 5 feet off of the water! haha it is pretty sketchy! And when you are in her house, her house moves with the water! She is very  humble and lives a humble life with her dad, and her daughter! Her daughter is preparing for baptism on the 21st of March!  We are also preparing the Mom of Maria Ester for this weekend as well. Her name is Dionisia. She is kind of crazy, and old, but she likes church, and wants to get baptized haha :) Muchas Blessings from  the Lord!
Elder Hanson and I are getting a long really really really well! I think the Lord is blessing me now for dealing with dead lazy missionaries the first half of my mission, so now he is giving me great comps that work really hard haha :) I did not think my old comps were that dead until I left them and got an even better companion....Elder Sanchez, Elder Mazariegos, Elder Kersey, and a little of Elder Hayes... Muchos Muertos haha but I know that the lord has made me a stronger missionary and servant of him for what I have passed through!
Well I hope you guys have a great week! I'm glad that everything is going well! I will be praying and fasting for Mom in hopes of no side affects of this drug! I love you Mom! You're so strong!
Love ya tons!
Elder Naisbitt









Bluefields