Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015


April 20,  2015
 

Dear Mom and Dad,
 
Thanks for the spiritual experiences! I have been thinking a lot about those this week, and looking for them in mission! The greatest one we had this week was when the four of us taught the message of the Restoration with one of our new investigators. It was one of the best times I have ever taught that lesson, and the spirit was so strong, and it just rekindled my love for that message! I know Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God, and that this is the true church of Christ today! I know that my Family is Eternal! :) I found a great scripture I love in 2 Nephi 31:3 ( I think) and it talks about how as people we need to enrich our lives in the simple things, and that the spirit loves and testifies of clear doctrine! I found that to be true this week! I have been trying to keep my teaching very simple and clear, so that the spirit can testify of the truthfulness of my words. This area is the refiners fire of my mission, I have realized that. I'm just trying to be obedient and learn as much as I can.

This week we worked like horses haha! That is a Nicaraguan saying! Work like Horses! (I love it! :) Our companionship is growing a lot closer and we are trying to work together much more as a companionship! The area is not bad, it is just a butt kicker haha! As mom would say, STRRRUUUGGGLIINGGGGGG :) haha But I'm so grateful for this area and all of the things I'm learning here! 

For all of our hard work these past three weeks, the Lord blessed us with a baptism! Her name is Liliana! She was a super cool investigator! She learned so much, and was able to understand the importance of everything we taught her.  She was even sick on the day of her baptism, but she put on a smile, and got baptized! And on Sunday she had no sickness! It was a super awesome Miracle she had!

Right now we are trying to lock down more baptisms for the month of May, but that means we have to find more people! We are going to focus a lot more on getting references from the members, because those are the people that will get baptized. That usually happens because they have friends in the church and are cultivating a testimony of the truths of the Gospel! 

The zone right now is kind of starting to lose their excitement as well, so Elder Sacalxot and I are putting together a great Zone Meeting for the next week that will focus on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, as well as the Parable of the Talents. The missionaries need to understand that if they are not working at 100% They are like the last man in the parable that hid his talents because he was afraid of losing the talent. We are missionaries called of Jesus Christ.   Christ did not stop preaching, teaching, expounding, contacting, or finding, why should we? The Lord has so many Promised blessings for us, we just have to work harder and harder, and put ALL of our faith in the Lord so that he will give us EVERYTHING he has prepared for us! This not only applies to missionaries, but to everyone! :) we are really hoping that this gets the missionaries to feel three things, first, shame for not working and completing the daily goals of the mission, two, feel the "machetes" and repent.  And three, leave with new feelings of excitement for the work and for this very special time we have to serve as missionaries of the Lord Jesus Christ. 
 
I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and all that he has done for me! Another scripture I have found to be awesome is found in 2 Nephi 25:23. We are saved and blessed by the Grace of Jesus AFTER all that we can do. 

I love you guys! I'm glad you guys had a great week! I loved Dads video of him in the plane! That made my day! I loved the photos of the temple too! the were very very pretty! :)

I love you so much! Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts!
 
Elder Naisbitt