Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week 17 - April 21, 2014

Week 17 - April 21, 2014



Mom, family and friends
I can't believe Lauren is a legal driver!!! How Crazy, I feel like I was Just getting my licence! Craziness! I'm glad Arizona was awesome! Did you get a chance to go to the temple and do a session or just the pageant outside? I have seen pictures of the Gilbert Temple! It looks gorgeous! I will never take having a temple near me ever again!!! It is so hard not having one here! Ugh I miss Toy Story too! One family we were visiting had it on their TV and I was super Trunky! (missionary phrase which means you are thinking of home and "packing your trunks" hahaha) :)
Okay so this week down here was Semana Santa ( Holy Week) for the Catholic Religion, which is basically Easter, but it was absolutely crazy!!!!! People in the States have never seen anything like this ever! So since the middle of March there have been little processions going past our house and around Masaya and it has been people caring around Christ with his cross and a small Band following it around haha. But This week escalated! I have never seen anything like this ever!!!  I have a few videos and a ton of pictures with us on our balcony of our house watching this procession on Friday night, and there is a figure of Christ in a casket and behind it was three little kids next to a glowing cross! Sorry for the bad pictures, the lights on these things were absolutely crazy! Sunday was crazy too, there was a ton of fireworks and a procession of the resurrected Christ! Super dramatic!
Elder Naisbitt's Residence

So,  while all of this was going on, we baptized another little boy! He was a kid of a family who were less active, and he had been a few times in church so we just had to convince the parents that the Church was where this kid needed to be :) It was great! The kid is a super cool kid and should stay active because his grandparents are Active :) And next week we have another baptism lined up! :) This next kids name is Kenyon and is super cool as well. He is around  12 years old and he is super smart, and has progressed super fast! We are really excited for that one!
A family we baptized 
We have a new family named Kenya &  Jonathon! They are super young, but Kenya is super intelligent and has been reading the Book of Mormon a ton and reads it to her boyfriend everyday! They are progressing to fast and completing with their compromises! They will go down in the water in May for sure! Too bad I Wont be here for that! GYARRRRRRRRR :) I'll be transferred by then.
Well That has pretty much been my week! I love you mom! And no I haven't gotten the package yet! I will probably get it at change meeting! :) Have an Awesome week mom! If there is anything I can do for you, Let me know! :) OH, I forgot to tell you last week,  I sent a package home and it should get there  tomorrow, or sometime this week! Its got little presents for you and the family! hahaha I wish I could explain what yours was, but I thought It looked really pretty :) I love you!!! :)
Elder Naisbitt
Samana Santa (Holy Week)


Hey Dad! :)
I'm glad you had a great Easter! Our Easter was good, but no one ever feeds us dinner... Our members are kind of stingy... but its also because Everyone is focused on s Samana Santa (Holy Week) for Catholics! Its pretty wild.  Some of the members go to the Catholic celebrations because  they think it is fun!! Its super Frustrating! I have two videos and a ton of photos of the processions walking in front of our house on Friday! Hahaha Its pretty ridiculous! They have a huge band walking behind the statures and caskets playing music haha. Its so hard to do missionary work during this time of the year because of how passionate people are about being catholic, even the Evangelicals become Catholic this time of the year because of big of celebrations that are occurring , haha crazy! :)
That was pretty much our week! Changes are next Wednesday, I should find out if I have changes next Tuesday, but I wont find out where I am going  until the Change meeting Wednesday.
Have a great week Dad!!!! :)
Con Amor!
Elder Naisbitt
PS.. I miss Elphy a ton! Send me a picture when you can! :)